Make A Difference Day is a celebration of neighbors helping neighbors. Millions of Americans unite in a common mission to improve the lives of others. That one day often becomes a regular habit of service for participants when they see the impact they can make with just a little effort.
Make A Difference Day is held annually on the fourth Saturday in October and inspires good deeds year round. Complete details about the day, ways to participate and profiles of our National Honorees can be found at www.makeadifferenceday.com.
Rebuilding Together Projects in Support of Make a Difference Day:
- Thursday, October 25: Choice Rebuilding Dreams
- Thursday, October 25: CBRE BuildMonth, Dallas
- Thursday, October 25: Grip-Rite/CBRE Disaster Recovery Project, Orlando
- Saturday and Sunday, October 27 and 28: Rebuilding Together Dayton Heroes at Home project led by Rebuilding Together CapacityCorps member
- Saturday October 27: Rebuilding Together Dayton volunteers and CapacityCorps member are raking leaves with Join Hands Miami Valley
- Saturday October 27: Rebuilding Together Metro Denver and their CapacityCorps team are renovating 3 homes
- Saturday October 27: Rebuilding Together Des Moines is taking on two Lowe’s Weatherization Grant projects
- Saturday October 27: Rebuilding Together Tucson is painting the home of a disabled couple in their 80s with Honeywell and University of Arizona students from the Eller College of Management.
- Saturday October 27: Rebuilding Together Long Beach retrofits senior’s home for Make a Difference Day – Article in the Press-Telegram
USA Weekend Section: http://www.usaweekend.com/section/mdday
On Twitter: @mdday
On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/makeadifferenceday