What is National Rebuilding Month?
National Rebuilding Month celebrates Rebuilding Together affiliates and those who work together year-round to serve veterans, older adults, families with children and victims of disaster by providing them with a variety of critical, safe and healthy home repairs. Rebuilding Together provides these repairs at zero-cost to neighbors in need, who are often faced with diminishing resources and must choose food and medicine over critical home repairs.
National Rebuilding Month is an annual month-long call to service during April, culminating with National Rebuilding Day, the last Saturday of the month. This year, it will be Saturday, April 30, 2022.
Use #RebuildingMonth on Social Media to Join the Conversation
- Join us on Wednesday, April 27, 2022 for our National Rebuilding Month Twitter Chat (#NRMChat2022). Register here and view the questions ahead of time here.
- Catch up with the conversation from last #RebuildingMonth here.
Celebrate National Rebuilding Day
On the last Saturday in April, National Rebuilding Day:
- Share the word about Rebuilding Together on social media using our downloadable graphics.
- Download and use the Rebuilding Together green virtual backgrounds for your Zoom meetings in April.
- Advocate for Rebuilding Together in your local community--connect with your city.
- Wear Green to show your support for ensuring safe homes and communities for everyone.
History of National Rebuilding Month to Support Rebuilding Together
National Rebuilding Month originated in 1973 in Midland, Texas with volunteers teaming up to help a neighbor rebuild their home. The group eventually founded Rebuilding Together, once named “Christmas in April,” and gathered around a month of service each year in April. The mission quickly grew beyond the idea of providing service one month per year to bringing volunteers together to provide neighbors in need with critical repairs year-round. Today, Rebuilding Together affiliates are finding creative ways to move the mission forward safely and continue serving neighbors in need of home repairs.
Have a question about National Rebuilding Month?
Start Your Own FundraiserGo