The Farwell House: Benefitting AmeriCorps Members in the Bay Area
Every year, Rebuilding Together engages more than 40 AmeriCorps members that have an immediate, concrete and long-lasting impact on the lives of people in need across the country. Members work directly with our affiliates to complete their service. Serving an AmeriCorps term with Rebuilding Together also comes with great benefits, including:
- Education award to use towards past student loans or future schooling
- Federal student loan forbearance and interest accrual payments
- Eligibility for Public Service Loan Forgiveness
- Eligibility for scholarships for graduate certificates in Nonprofit Leadership & Management or similar
- Health insurance including dental and vision plans
- Access to mental health services
…and more! Knowing that rent can be a huge burden in the San Francisco Bay Area, Rebuilding Together Peninsula provides an additional benefit for their members. Rebuilding Together Peninsula’s AmeriCorps members have the option of living in the Farwell House, for an extremely reduced rent. The Farwell House is a fully renovated house approximately 20 minutes from Rebuilding Together Peninsula’s office.
The Farwell House has four bedrooms, a full kitchen, large backyard, a spacious living area, washer and dryer and much more. Members live together and support each other throughout their service term.
If you’re interested in applying for an AmeriCorps position with Rebuilding Together Peninsula, or any of our other open AmeriCorps positions please visit https://rebuildingtogether.org/americorps/openings.